While I do cook and eat mostly plant-based foods, sometimes my body craves animal protein and in such cases I listen to it and try to make the best choices I can. If you relate, then check out my tips and an easy recipe that I think you will enjoy.
QUICK TIPS ON WHY I AM USING THESE INGREDIENTS:
– Always buy organic and humanely-raised animal proteins
– Eat animal protein in moderation. We don’t usually need it at every single meal
– When cooking on high heat, use grapeseed oil and organic ghee as they are best suited for high temperatures. I like ghee for its buttery fragrance.
– Avoid aluminum foil and opt for parchment paper instead
TIPS ON MAKING IT PALEO OR VEGAN:
– Substitute crumbs for ground almonds
– Substitute flour for chickpea flour
– Substitute eggs for Follow Your Heart Vegan Eggs
– Substitute chicken to Beyond Meat Chicken-less Strips
Ingredients & Equipment:
1 pound of organic, pasture-raised chicken tenders or drumsticks
2 cups Ian’s Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour Blend (I like Pamela’s the most)
2 organic eggs by Vital Farms, beaten
3 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
1 Roasting pan
Set oven to roast at 425F. Get 3 bowls – one for the flour, one for eggs and one for crumbs. Mix crumbs with garlic powder, paprika and salt.
Grease parchment paper with ghee and lay on top of a roasting pan.
Coat chicken tenders in gluten free flour blend, then dip each individual coated chicken in the a mixture of 2 beaten eggs, then in breadcrumbs.
Layer on parchment paper greased with ghee
Sprinkle grapeseed oil and roast at 425 for 15 minutes. Enjoy!